- You can easily change your Facebook cover photo on your computer or mobile device.
- You can also customize a cover photo according to your preferences, though all cover photos are visible to the public.
The process to change your cover photo on a desktop and mobile device is very simple and you can select photos from a range of channels.
Here’s how to change your cover photo on Facebook.
How to change your cover photo on Facebook on a desktop computer
1. Go to Facebook.com on your Mac or PC and navigate to your profile page.
2. Hover over your cover photo and select “Edit cover photo” in the bottom right corner of the picture.
3. A menu will pop up that will allow you to choose between a number of options for updating or editing your cover photo.
4. Click “Select photo” to choose a profile picture that has already been uploaded to Facebook or choose “Upload photo” to upload a photo from your computer. “Create avatar cover photo” allows you to select an avatar to customize.
5. Depending upon the option you choose, you’ll then be prompted to select from a range of images. Select the photo that you would like to be your cover picture.
6. The image will appear as your cover photo. From here, you’ll be able to edit the positioning. Drag the photo around the screen so that the desired part of the image appears in the frame.
Drag to position your Facebook cover photo.
Kelly Laffey/Business Insider
7. Hit “Save” to save your cover photo or “Cancel” to select a diferent cover photo.
How to change your cover photo on Facebook on a mobile device
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android phone and navigate to your profile.
2. Select the camera icon in the bottom right corner of your cover photo.
3. Similar to on a desktop, a menu will appear with options to “See Cover Photo,” “Upload Photo,” “Select Photo in Facebook,” “Create Collage” or “Use avatar cover photo.” Make your choice based on the type of photo you want.
4. Select the image that you want to be your cover photo.
5. A preview will appear. Use your fingers to drag the image to edit the positioning.
6. Hit “Save” to save the cover photo or “Cancel” to choose a different photo.